Congratulations Carly as this week’s winner in the Iglu & Hartly t-shirt design contest.
WEEKLY WINNER 06.29.09
This shirt is on sale now. BUY
About the Artist:
1. Name: Carly K. Meyer
2. Location: Central Coast California
3. What’s your sign: I’m a Sagittarius: Optimistic and freedom-loving, jovial and good-humored, honest and straightforward…descriptions I fit well.
4. Nickname: Carlos! This has been with me since 8th grade, went on the class DC trip where none of the name gift shop items came in “Carly”…so, I resorted to the closest thing, “Carlos”…so…from then on…thanks to my closest friends Christina & Jack…it stuck!
5. Paper or Plastic: I prefer the cute reusable graphic/decorative bags when shopping. These allow you to help the environment, all while sporting a bit ‘o flare!
6. Dog or Cat: MOST definitely a cat person by nature…and that can be seen w/ the wee one I adopted, at my local animal shelter, Merlin…a spastic lovable black cat. Who, might I add, has brought nothing but good luck!
7. Mac or PC: I’m totally PC…but, can work a Mac too…just prefer the ease of the PC…contrary to those quirky commercials.
8. If you could be a font what would you be? Carmencita, it’s fantastic! It reminds me of the front styling of a violin…it has a very romantic old world appeal to it.
9. Name 3 of your RSS feeds (what blogs/websites do you love): LOVE beyond words Apartment Therapy…they have such great ideas that I try and implement when going about my personal decorating as well as assisting friends. The other main one I like is MODERNCAT…it’s another portal that is great for ideas, this time targeting the cat lovers out there! 😉
10. How long have you been a fan of Iglu & Hartly? Checking out this group has actually been a recent endeavor, as in the past 3mos or so! And, what can I say…I’m hooked! Was SO stoked to see them perform live at the Billabong: Design for Humanity event in Los Angeles the other week. Great cause combined with great music!
11. What was your inspiration for this design? A couple of things really…1st of course is the main “&” symbol logo, and the hammer that is associated with it. I wanted it to appear as if the hammer had shattered my graphic. 2nd HAS to be the music…with its pure vibes: ocean air, beach, relaxing, surfing…my graphic evokes the free spirit of those who know what it’s like to wake up from camping at the beach and watch the sunrise…
12. What is your favorite medium? (paint, pencil, clay, t-shirts, posters, photography, etc): I could never settle for just one, I absolutely LOVE to express myself in different ways. Photography, painting, drawing, designing, decorating, clothing, hairstyles…etc! It’s the core of who I am and can honestly say that without a creative outlet, I couldn’t imagine the person I’d be!
13. What inspires you? Life. Those personal moments that happen whether people know what’s going on with you or not. It’s being able to express yourself without the forced need to explain yourself. The freedom and release of simply creating is such a liberating feeling. Unlike any other for me!
14. What is the most played on your itunes? Jazz and anything from the 60s/70s
15. Who are the designers/artists who have influenced or inspired you? Van-Gogh, Alphonse Mucha, Dali, Warhol, Monet , & Picasso. I’m also inspired by timeless eras such as the 20s, 50s, & 60s
16. Your personal website/twitter: PERSONAL: myspace.com/carlitabonita_qt PHOTOGRAPHY: www.myspace.com/photo_darlin
Don’t forget about last week’s winner Nick with his awesome design “Gramophone” on sale now!
Click to see the Official Iglu & Hartly store.